castiellans

castiellans

i was born amidst salt and smoke to wake dragons out of stone.

The Immortal Rules
Julie Kagawa
Progress: 49/359 pages
Feed
Mira Grant
A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 5)
George R.R. Martin

Hallowed: An Unearthly Novel

Hallowed - Cynthia Hand Sighhhhh. Wow.I've been pulled through such a range of emotions throughout the past few hours while I've been reading Hallowed. I should have seen this coming. I should have known I was going to weep openly several times before the end. But even though I was spoiled for parts of this book (I don't mind) (I actively hunt down spoilers) (someday I will have a TV show: The Spoiler Seeker), everything was still so much better than how I imagined it would be. Even though I just re-read Unearthly last month to prepare for the release of this book, I found I'd really missed the characters in the short span of time I'd been away from them. I think I liked a lot of them better this time around (whereas in the first book I didn't trust most of them as far as I could throw them, I do actually believe *nearly* everything Angela says now). I didn't think I'd ever sympathize with Jeffrey while reading the first book. But I do, actually, feel bad for him now, and I really hope we find out where he went at the end of this book in the near future. Sighs because I'm going to have to wait a whole year for the next book for some answers. As Visser Three once said in a wonderful Animorphs fanfic I read, "I am not a patient Yeerk." I know that feel, bro.Can I just say I absolutely love Clara's father? He's awesome, definitely my favorite character introduced in the book. When he was trying to figure how how the remote worked, all I could think of was that time on SPN when Sam called Castiel and got this as his voicemail:As for the love triangle, I was ~*~Team Christian~*~ in Unearthly so I didn't really have anything to worry about here, and everyone who saw me while I was reading this book probably also saw the smug smile on my face while I thought "I foresaw these events" and the even smugger smile when I read some comments of people switching to Christian's side and thought "Shh just come."Tucker was probably the only character I didn't like as much in this book as I did in Unearthly, because I don't like jealous, possessive boyfriends (no thanks lol had enough of those myself). I can totally see his side of things and why he was jealous, but I don't think Tucker is capable of fully understanding what Clara is going through with her purpose and her emerging powers. I don't think Tucker will ever understand, because he's human. What happened when my other angel/human couple ~broke up? What did Castiel say to Dean?EXACTLY. We puny humans cannot understand these beautiful, winged creatures. That's why Destiel is a ship so full of angst. That's why I don't believe Tucker and Clara belong together. Speaking of Clara, I loved her throughout this whole book. I know she had some hard times, some confusing times, but I think she'll come out on the other side a better person. I don't normally love a protagonist this much (usually I latch on to some obscure side character and refuse to let go), but honestly, she's one of my favorite YA heroines. She's so relatable to me. I had to side-eye her when she said she couldn't imagine Lucifer with an entourage, though. Clara gurl don't be ridic, u kno our boi Luci is a posse magnet.I am also so glad she decided to go to Standford. I'm glad she didn't allow anyone, not even Tucker, to hold her back.I feel like this review won't be complete without me talking about Clara's mother. Wow. I absolutely loved Maggie throughout both of these books, so what happened to her really broke me. There were a lot of tears shed. I ran out of tissues and started using paper towels. But besides that, I loved learning more about her life, her past, her history with Clara's father. She was a fantastic character.So I guess I'm in for a long wait for the third book. I don't know how I'm going to make it--I've fallen in love with these characters and this storyline and I really need the third book immediately. I know I'm especially harsh toward YA angel books (only because I live an angel appreciation life and I hate the way they're portrayed in some novels), but this one was perfect.This Message Was Brought To You By Angels Struggling To Seem Human: